Sunday 4 March 2012

Artistic Explorations: Relief (1)

In my previous article about Layers & Lines I showed a portfolio of images inspired by the tide and dunes. During my holiday in Poolewe I selected four images to create a relief study in plaster as preparation for the commissioned painting for my friends.

Tide and Dune shapes ©Fenfolio2012

After receiving some useful feedback from the art teacher at Gray's School of Art, I was able to finish the relief study which will be exhibited at the school for a week as part of the short course exhibition. More details can be found under Exhibitions.

The Tide & Dune relief study was made on a 45 x 45 cm MDF board with B & Q powder filler, gesso, palette knife and shapers and then finally sandpapered. For the part on the bottom right real sand from the estuary has been used.

Tide & Dune relief study ©Fenfolio2012

The next and final step will be the real mixed media painting which I will start soon so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment