Monday 28 December 2009

Winter walk Banchory

Finally, I conquered the horrible stomach flu after a week! My apetite is back again so I'm allowed to gain the 2 kg I lost. But first things first. Today was just a gorgeous, crispy winter day so I had to play outside again after sitting and lying on the couch/bed for so long. I took my car (with winter tyres) and drove to Raemoir hotel, close to our house, where I walked uphill (about 430 m) and enjoyed excellent 360 degree-views towards Scolty Hill, Clachnaben, Mount Keen, Lochnagar, Morven, Bennachie and Aberdeen coast.  View a short video:



and a few images:



On top of the plateau it was hard work. Not many people had walked there yet and thaw and freeze from the last few days had created a thick ice layer on top of the hard snow. This short video gives you an impression;



But it was all worth it and after 4 hours walking I really felt revived again!

Map of my walk:


2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant report of your walk... loved the pictures and the sounds of your feet in the snow made me feel I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for checking out my blog, Russell.

    ReplyDelete