Monday 3 November 2014

Fabulous Fabric: Ipad sleeve and pouch

Since I refound my love for sewing again I have been collecting lots of different fabrics, received from friends and family, purchased in charity shops or online and leftovers from past projects. After I made my first handbag last year from the Joel Dewberry fabric I bought on Etsy (see article), I had some Fat Quarters and scraps left I wanted to use.

Joel Dewberry FQ fabric bundle

Recently bought a handy keyboard for my Ipad and wanted to have this together with all my other accessories in a funky Ipad sleeve for easy and safe transport. I stumbled upon this article by The Crafty Blog Stalker and loved the way she used various patterned fabrics together. I didn't buy the pattern as it 's quite straightforward so I drew a pattern based on the images of her blog.

And this is the finished result:


Front of my Ipad sleeve ©Fenfolio2014

I used Pellon Peltex single- and double-sided fusible ultra firm stabilizer (or interfacing as it's also been called) for extra stability and protection. For the front pouch of the Ipad sleeve I cut out four different pieces of fabric and sew them together. I also watned to have at least one of the birds on both the front and back of the flap in matching colours.


Ipad and keyboard fit in perfectly ©Fenfolio2014

The sleeve is finished off with a magnetic closure.

Front outside with magnetic closure ©Fenfolio2014
 
Inside flap with magnetic closure ©Fenfolio2014

The interior of the front pouch and the sleeve itself have been lined with fabric of similar designs.

Inside front pouch ©Fenfolio2014

Inside Ipad sleeve ©Fenfolio2014

As I still had fabric left, my husband came up with the wonderful idea to make a drawstring pouch to keep all the accessories in like charger, card readers and earplugs.

Front drawstring pouch ©Fenfolio2014

Drawstring pouch and Ipad sleeve ©Fenfolio2014

The front and back have different fabric designs, similar to the Ipad sleeve. I used pink and green coloured strings to match the colour palette.


Back of drawstring pouch and Ipad sleeve ©Fenfolio2014

2 comments: