One of these projects was already getting shape the moment I finished the interior. The colour scheme of the office chair (black plastic and red furnishing) was really bothering me in the light interior and it made my wee studio even smaller!
|Office chair before revamp|
My collection of scraps and purchased fabric is gradually growing so it didn't take long to find the right combination. After I dismantled the furnishing from the plastic backing I measured the amount of fabric needed by covering it with a newspaper, traced around with a pen and cut it out. This was my pattern. Then I put the various pieces of fabric on to the newspaper pattern, moved them around to get the right design, cut some pieces to fit properly and sewed them all together.
|Close-up of sewed pieces of fabric|
With a staple gun I fitted the fabric around the furnishing surfaces tightly (without taking off the old furnishing) and kept them apart. For the plastic parts of the chair I used Plastikote Antique White spraypaint. Several layers were needed to make a good covering. Et voilà, this is the result; a great revamp of an old office, if I may say so myself.
|Revamped office chair|
|Top view revamped office chair|
I used the app Instamag to create a professional look of my "new" chair, almost as if it was published in a real magazine!!
|Magazine lay-out of revamped office chair with app Instamag|