Wednesday 30 October 2013

Art Studio

It took about 5 months all together but my art studio is now finished! With thanks to my lovely supporting husband who stripped the bothy, made frames for the walls and insulated them, put in new plasterboard, made the shelves and hung the lights and roller blinds. I painted the walls, ceiling and furniture. We only used a taper for finishing off the walls, a plumber to connect our old kitchen unit and an electricien for the wiring.




Front of bothy/art studio with new door and window

Hubby working hard for me!

Insulation is in place

Walls have been professionally taped

Pimping my old yellow bookcase

I used special crackle glaze to create this effect on my furniture


What a transformation! With the new electric heating it's also very cosy inside, just in time before the winter comes.

Lots of storage and plenty of space to create art

More storage for my mixed media materials


New vinyl floor

View towards house

The office chair will soon be reupholstered by myself

Shortened and pimped old kitchen unit

Leftover tiles from sunlounge as splashboard

Nice light even when the rollerblinds are down

Right after the studio was finished I had my first visitor; my father who wanted to learn more about how to use mixed media in paintings during a two day one-to-one workshop I organised!


No comments:

Post a Comment